Community Outreach & Events Coordinator
As Community Outreach and Events Coordinator your primary responsibility will be to assist with our Adopt a Farmer program, as well as our fundraising and outreach events. The Adopt a Farmer program partners middle school science classrooms with an Oregon farm or ranch for an entire academic year via field trips and classroom visits. (https://youtu.be/PF9E-ihXdkM) The position requires an ability to facilitate coordination of these activities, which primarily includes scheduling, assist in planning and attending field trips and classroom visits. You will also assist with the development and implementation of our fundraising events, Denim & Diamonds and an annual golf tournament. After one cycle it is the intention of making you fully responsible for the event planning. You must have the capacity to maintain confidentiality and work independently.
This position requires:
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and projects.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; you actively listen to others to understand their perspective and ensure continuous understanding, regardless of communication channel or audience.
- Problem solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving.
- Flexibility: You are calm, collected and can flow with changes as necessary.
- High attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs; Word, Excel, Power Point, plus social media savvy
- Social media savvy
- A basic understanding of agricultural practices
- Reliable personal vehicle (driving to and from farms and schools, approximately 400 miles per month October through June; mileage is reimbursed)
Full-time position. Salary ranges from $27,00 to $32,000 and includes medical, dental and vision, along with a retirement plan.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Start Date: Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Please note that prior to hiring you will need to be able pass a background check.
For consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Monday, July 31st at 12:00 noon. Please do not call the office regarding this position.